Sunday, April 20, 2014

Casablanca

1) Relate what was discussed in class or the text to the screening:

We discussed all of the awards that Casablanca and the fantastic cast in the movie.  We also discussed a lot of the romance and the love lost aspect of the movie.  We discussed the setting of the movie which was in the 40's and the self sacrifice in the war.  Casablanca is the exit point to Lisbon and also to freedom. After getting visas to Lisbon, then it is off to the United States.  

2) Find a related article and summarize it's content:

http://www.nytimes.com/movie/review?res=9C06E1DF1039E33BBC4F51DFB7678389659EDE

The article I chose was the movie review written in the 1940's by a NY Times publicist.  "Yes, indeed, the Warners here have a picture which makes the spine tingle and the heart take a leap".  The article has nothing but great things to say about the movie itself.  It summarizes the plot, the characters and the setting of the entire movie.  

3) Apply the article to the film screened in class:

The article describes briefly the entire scenario of the movie Casablanca.  The article states that Mr. Bogart and Miss Berman were truly outstanding performers.  The article discusses the deviousness of the plot and certain parts of the movie.  It tells of Rick and his ownership of Casablanca and where Ilsa is introduced inside of Casablanca.  Rick really shows his true colors for Ilsa because of the strong love he has for her.  

4) The rumor's of Ilsa's husbands death would have never brought her back to Rick.  She knows she could never leave him again and the confusion for her was overwhelming.  All along it seems that Ilsa wanted to escape with Laszlo and in the end she stayed with Rick.  The suspense of the love triangle I think had everyone on the edge of their seats.  Although, her choice of Rick was often obvious and in the end proved true, I think Rick really knew that Ilsa wanted to deep down inside leave with Laszlo.  




(x) I have not handed in this assignment for any other class.
    (x) If I reused any information from other papers I have writing for other classes, I clearly explain that in the paper
3(x) If I used any passages word for word, I put quotations around those words, or used indentation and citation within the text.
4(x) I have not padded the bibliography.  I have used all sources cited in the bibliography in the text of the paper.
5(x) I have cited in the bibliography.  I have used all sources cited in the bibliography in the text of the paper.
6(x) I have used direct quotations only in cases where it could not be stated in another way.  I cited the source within the paper and in the bibliography
7(x) I did not so over-use direct quotations that the paper lacks interpretation or originality.
9(x) I checked yes on steps 1-7 and therefore have been fully transparent about the research and ideas used in my paper.

Name: Laura Mazzola_________________________ Date: 4/20/14_________







No comments:

Post a Comment